If your community group is looking for objective information about ballot measures in upcoming election, consider our Speakers Bureau. We have trained League representatives eager to speak to civic groups, churches, companies, neighborhood associations, and other groups. Our presentations are balanced and non partisn, presenting opposing points of view on issues; they are designed to give voters the information they need to make up their own minds.
- Because there are often numerous propositions on a ballot, approximately 45-60 minutes are normally needed for our speaker to make a complete presentation and answer a group's questions. If your group does not have that much time available, we can work with you to make a presentation about just certain of the propositions.
- Our speakers are available to visit your group up to five weeks before election day. With adequate notice, speakers are generally available either daytime or evening, either weekday or weekend.
- Contributions to the League to help defray the cost of providing this election service are welcome but not required.
Send an e-mail
if you would like to schedule a presentation. Please include the following information in your email:
- Name of your organization
- Meeting location
- Preferred meeting date, start time, and amount of time allotted for our talk
- Contact name, phone, and e-mail
- Estimated size of audience
- Anything we should know about the composition of the group (to help us tailor our talk to your needs)
- Comments or special requests